Sponsored by the Pennsylvania State Association of County Fairs
The Westmoreland Fair announces today that a maximum of six $1,000.00 scholarships, through the Msgr. John Mignot/PSACF Scholarship Program, will be awarded to Pennsylvania residents, currently (or have been previously) active for at least 2 years at the Westmoreland Fair and will be attending college (or other type of institution of higher education) the Fall semester of the current year. Other eligibility criteria apply.
The scholarships are sponsored by the Pennsylvania State Association of County Fairs.
The qualifying students must submit their applications to Westmoreland Fair by no later than June 16, 2017
Information is available at the Westmoreland Fair Office, PO BOX 501 Pleasant Unity PA 15676, through Penn State Cooperative Extension of Westmoreland County. Applications MUST BE completed and printed from the website at the PA Fairs Scholarship page.
- Applicant must be a Pennsylvania resident, currently (or had been previously) active for at least 2 years in a fair that is a member of the PSACF and will be attending college (or other type of institution of higher education) the Fall semester of the current year.
- Applicant can submit only one application per year.
- Applicant can receive this award only one time to give other applicants the opportunity to receive the award.
- Application MUST be downloaded from the PSACF website’s Scholarship page (available in PDF format)
- Application MUST be completed and printed out by the student
- Application MUST be signed by student and parent or legal guardian
- Application MUST then be submitted to the Westmoreland Fair for endorsement by the board of directors
- Handwritten applications will NOT be considered
- The completed signed application MUST be postmarked or submitted to the Westmoreland Fair Office by no later than June 16, 2017
The Westmoreland Fair Board will review ALL applications submitted and select one application to endorse to the PSACF Scholarship committee. All applicants will be informed of the boards decision on which candidate will be endorsed and forwarded to the PSACF Scholarship committee for consideration.
Selection Process / Payment Process
The PSACF have broken the 108 Fairs in Pennsylvania into 4 zones, all fairs in each zone are eligible to send selected endorsed candidate applications to the PSACF. The Scholarship committee will determine this year’s scholarship recipients. Winners will be notified by their respective fairs in early October. Also, non-winners will be notified shortly thereafter.
The payment of the $1,000 Scholarship will be made upon successful completion of the recipient’s Fall semester of college (first semester immediately following notice of award of scholarship.) Recipients will be required to submit a copy of the appropriate semester transcript to the Chairperson of the scholarship committee in order to receive the payment. The checks will be mailed directly to the recipients upon receipt of the college transcript. Specific instructions will be provided to the scholarship winners at a later date.